Friday, March 12, 2010

St. Patrick's day

I realized the other day that St. Patrick's day is coming up (March 17 for those of you who don't know, i.e. this coming Wednesday) and I promptly started searching for Irish bars in the area; there are always Irish bars in the area, no matter what area, e.g. I found one in Cuzco or some other high altitude town in Peru. So of course I found one in Escazu! It's The Pub (original name, huh?), and that's where we're going on Wednesday. Robert is coming down from Monteverde, not for that but because he has a meeting in San Jose that day, and maybe I can get my school mates to go, too, although they're Swiss and Danish. Would be fun to get a group going. I'm crossing my fingers for corned beef and cabbage, but will settle for bangers and mash or shepherd's pie.

1 comment:

Martin J. Steer said...

In Arlöv we have "The Puben" which is an English definite article coupled with a Swedish one (-en). I'm annoyed by the name every time I pass it (daily).

It isn't even Irish.

Right next to it is the Chinese restaurant "Gula Floden" which strictly translates to "Yellow River", but more usually as "Piss River".

I need to move.