Friday, March 12, 2010

Pico Blanco

Towering over Escazu are three or so hill tops and Pico Blanco is one of them. Today after Spanish classes I hiked it with my school mates (have all of two!) and one of the brothers in the family running the school. The others didn't want to go to the top and since I didn't want to make them wait too long and while the sun was starting to set I pretty much jogged the last part and boy am I beat now. According to the web, Pico Blanco is 2276 meters and we started out at about 1420 meters, which would make it about 800 meters of altitude but I'm really sceptical about that, those peaks don't seem so high from here at all. Regardless, it was a great hike and I really enjoy it up there, you get some great views of Escazu and San Jose, and on clear days (not today unfortunately) you can see four volcanoes and the Pacific coast.

No comments: