Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Robbery

Let's get the boring part over with. On my third day in this lovely country I left the house for two hours to go into town and run some errands. When I come home the cats are gone and a window inexplicably open. Once I've rallied the cats I noticed other things amiss, lights being on that I left off, doors being open that I keep closed etc and it doesn't take long to realize I've been robbed. They didn't take much, though, just my computer, my cell phone, and my digipass to my Swedish bank FSB.

"They" turned out to be Antonio "Tony" Dolinas, a well-known no-gooder around here. His family lives here but refuses to deal with him, simply a black sheep. The robbery appeared around 10-12 in the morning and at 1215 he was spotted in San Luis a couple of miles down the road asking for a plastic bag since he had some things he didn't want to get wet in case of rain. He even suggested purchasing one. He didn't have any stuff to put in it though but disappeared into the bush with it. At around 2 I go to the police, or the OIJ which is the investigative arm of the police here, and report the robbery, at this point unaware of Tony. At 330 the OIJ come to my place to "investigate", all they did was look around and check for fingerprints at point of entry. At 4 Dulce, a neighbor, calls me telling me about Tony, and then lets me know she'll call the OIJ with this information right away. They know where he hangs out.

Two days later I speak to Dulce who informs she did what she promised, when OIJ says they'll look into it the day after. No she says, you have to go now, he'll be long gone with the loot tomorrow.

And that's that. So now a week after nothing's happened and the trail's gone cold. Thank you OIJ, thank you so much. Your diligence in the matter warms my heart.

3 comments:

Magnus Linné said...

verkar som om dom gått i samma polisskola som svenska polisen :-(

Hoppas det gick bra sen, att du hade försäkring och så t.ex....

Josef Nedstam said...

Seems Boston's finest were a bit more diligent - storming your apartment after the latest world series victory

Filip Tufvesson said...

Nä, ingen försäkring inte. Så dyra var inte prylarna. De tog för övrigt visst mina linser också, visade det sig!